Dryer Vent Cleaning in Merced, California
Dryer vent cleanings are a necessary household chore, they can reduce the risk of home fires, lower your monthly bills, and improve the efficiency of your appliances. When dryer vents are not cleaned out, they can accumulate lint, which can not only make your appliances run less effectively but is also a huge fire hazard. FEMA has reported that over 2,900 home fires are caused by dryers each year. Don’t take a chance, protect your home, your loved ones, and your safety by scheduling a professional dryer vent cleaning with Blaine Inc. Heating & Air Conditioning today. We’re proud to serve the city of Merced and its surrounding communities.
Our experts at Blaine Inc. strongly recommend scheduling a dryer vent cleaning at least once a year. For even better efficiency, consider cleaning your vents every six months. When dryer vents are clogged, you will find soaked laundry that will require many cycles to properly dry. After a dryer vent cleaning from our team, you can expect to find laundry that is dry the first time around, making the chore of laundry much simpler. Make your life easier by scheduling an appointment with our team today!
How to Clean Your Dryer Vent
- Unplug your dryer before you begin. If you use a gas dryer, switch the supply valve to the off position to ensure you’re avoiding gas leaks or accidentally igniting a flame.
- Pull the dryer away from the wall and disconnect it from the duct. Once removed, you may find a collection of lint in the back of the dryer in the exhaust duct.
- Remove and clean the lint and debris with a cleaning brush. Vacuum out excess lint to ensure the duct is completely lint-free.
- Locate the exterior vent outside and repeat step number four.
- Check your ductwork for punctures, dents, or kinks. If it is damaged, make sure to replace it because lint can quickly begin to accumulate in these places.
Though dryer vent cleanings are a task that is possible to do on your own, they are always best performed by a professional! Ensure a job performed safely and efficiently when you give Blaine Inc. Heating & Air Conditioning a call. You’re always in good hands with our HVAC experts.
Avoid the Risk of Dryer Vent Fires
A professional dryer vent cleaning is the safest bet when it comes to protecting your home from potential fire hazards. However, if interested in going a step further, here are some good tips to practice:
- Clear the lint from your dryer after every load of laundry.
- Purchase dryer vent cleaning tools so that you can perform your own vent cleanings. These can be found online or at hardware stores.
- Clean your exhaust ducts between every 6 months to a year.
- Turn your dryer off when you’re away from home.
- Don’t run your dryer when away from home, or asleep.
- Add a safety alarm to your dryer vent, so it can notify you when lint is beginning to build up.
At Blaine Inc. Heating & Air Conditioning, we can perform more than just dryer vent cleanings! Contact us for your heating and cooling needs, we’re eager to be of service to you. Helping the residents of Merced is what we’re here for. Schedule an appointment today and place your home’s HVAC system in good health.
About Merced, California
Often called “The Gateway to Yosemite,” Merced is a city located in central California and provides more of a small-town feel as compared to other major California cities. With a population of 88,000, it is less than an hour drive from larger cities such as Modesto and Fresno, and two hours away from San Francisco. Merced is home to the University of California: Merced and offers a mixture of both urban and small-town living.
Things to do in Merced
Merced County Courthouse Museum
Merced Multicultural Arts Center
What is Merced Known For?
Merced is close to Yosemite National Park and offers low-cost living and a community that serves as the cultural and government hub for its area.
Is Merced, CA a good place to live?
Merced, CA is a smaller town that still offers larger town amenities and opportunities. Its university allows students, faculty, and residents to be surrounded by economic and educational growth, with an expanding downtown and abundance of bicycle trails.
Does Merced get snow?
Merced receives about 13 inches of rain and 0 inches of snow approximately every year. It stays warm for the majority of the year but can experience temperatures as low as 37 degrees in December and January.