Dryer Vent Cleaning in Atwater, California
A dryer vent cleaning can help reduce the risk of home fires, improve appliance efficiency, and lower your monthly energy bills. If you’re located in Atwater or the surrounding cities, our technicians can get you back to enjoying a dryer that is running the way it should.
Nobody likes finding soaked laundry, especially when they’re in a hurry. If you find that your clothes are continuously appearing as if they’re not being properly dried, then you may want to look into a dryer vent cleaning. Through every cycle, a dryer accumulates a large portion of lint. If you run the dryer frequently, or live with a large amount of other people, this amount can increase even more.
This can lead to not only soaked clothes, but fire hazards. Every year, FEMA reports that 2,900 dryer fires are reported, leading to thousands of dollars in property damage – and even death. To minimize the risk, we recommend cleaning your dryer vents at least once a year. For top efficiency, dryer vents should be cleaned out every six months.
How to Clean Your Dryer Vent
- Unplug your dryer before you begin work. If you use a gas dryer, switch the supply valve to the off position to ensure you’re avoiding gas leaks or accidentally igniting a flame.
- Pull the dryer away from the wall and disconnect it from the duct. Once removed, you may see a collection of lint in the back of the dryer in the exhaust duct.
- Remove and clean the lint and debris with a cleaning brush. Vacuum out excess lint to ensure the duct is completely lint-free.
- Locate the exterior vent outside and repeat step number four.
- Check your ductwork for punctures, dents, or kinks. If it is damaged make sure to replace it because lint can quickly begin to accumulate in these places.
Although dryer vent cleanings can be done yourself, it’s a safe bet to contact a professional, especially if you’re unsure of how to clean your vent. When you hire Blaine Inc., not only are you receiving a job well done, but you won’t have to worry about damaging any of your parts in the process. A professional duct cleaning will take all your concerns away, call us up and we’ll set up an appointment as soon as possible!
We love serving our clients in Atwater! Contact us online or give us a call at 209-723-0062 to set up an appointment with us today.
Avoid the Risk of Dryer Vent Fires
Although a professional dryer vent cleaning is the best bet for protecting your home, there are other things you can do to prevent fire hazards.
- Clear the lint from your dryer after every load of laundry.
- Purchase dryer vent cleaning tools so that you can perform your own vent cleanings. These can be found online or at hardware stores.
- Clean your exhaust ducts between every 6 months to a year.
- Turn your dryer off when you’re away from home.
- Don’t run your dryer when away from home, or asleep.
- Add a safety alarm to your dryer vent so it can notify you when lint is beginning to build up.
We hope these tips were able to help! We enjoy helping out our community of Atwater, and are here for all your HVAC needs and other services. When you’re in need of assistance, you can depend on our trusted technicians to be there in no time. We take pride in what we do and will leave your home with a job well done. For scheduling, call us today at 209-723-0062. Our team is here and eager to help!
About Atwater, California
Atwater, CA is a small-town of 30,000 located halfway in-between Atwater and Turlock. It offers a quaint, easy-going atmosphere while being a two-hour drive from San Francisco, CA, and an hour and a half from Yosemite National Park.
Things to do in Atwater
Castle Air Museum
Hunter Family Farms
Rancho Del Rey Golf Club
What is Atwater Known For?
Atwater, CA is a stop on State Route 99, and is known for its history regarding the railroad tracks and its WW II Air Force Base, which is now Castle Air Museum.
Is Atwater a Good Place to Live?
Atwater has a low crime rate and offers a small-town community while being located next to larger college towns. Atwater prioritizes its tight-knit community and is a great place to settle down and raise a family.
Atwater Fun Facts
Atwater was founded in 1922 and started as a community named after one of the largest land-owners at the time, Marshall David Atwater.